Helpdesk / Remote Support Specialist (Tier 1)
Are you tech savvy, people savvy and purpose-driven? Apply today to be a part of a growing team of IT professionals. Elsewhen Technology is an IT industry leader, specializing in servicing small to medium sized businesses in the central Indiana region. We are growing rapidly and are in need of a Helpdesk / Remote Support Specialist to join our dynamic team! Ideal candidates will have the following skills/qualifications:
- Required: 1-3 years of relevant work experience or education.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems for users remotely
- Must be able to independently resolve a wide variety of technical issues using current job knowledge, research and external resources.
- Hardware, software and networking experience. Hardware experience must include: Intel based desktops, laptops, and printers. Software experience must include: Microsoft Office, Windows and MAC. Networking experience must include understanding TCP/IP and DNS. Understanding of Active Directory and Exchange, Firewalls.
- Experience identifying security related issues such as system hacks, computer viruses and worms, and spyware.
- Desktop Operating System maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnosis
- Desktop connectivity troubleshooting
- Application installation and support
- Printer installation and support
- Client VPN installation and support
- Microsoft Office Suite support
- AD user account management
- Office 365/Exchange user account management
- Desktop anti-malware administration and resolution
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Highly motivated and willingness to learn
- Possess strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Highly motivated individual with a desire to contribute to the success and direction of the team.
- Maintain strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Function as a subject matter expert in all required technical areas.
CompTia A+ (within 30 days of employment) Have or working towards Net+, Security+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer for Windows (MCSE).